Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Doves

There are doves that hang out near our house now. I don't know if they are there every year, but we didn't notice them until the morning after we got home for them hospital. We can hear them outside the window, and see them perched on the house across from us. I like them, they bring me comfort. Colm's name means 'dove' and I feel like he is sending a visitor to our house to remind us of him.

So, I have to decide if I take next week off too. I want to, but as usual I am worried about work and if they can afford to have me gone another week. I know they will survive without me, but I hate being 'that person' that doens't carry their weight. At the same time, I don't want the pitying looks from patients, I am NOT ready for that. I don't know if I will ever be, but for right now a little more protection would be good.

On a positive note my brothers and cousin are home safely from Iraq! They got in this week. We are hoping to spend some time with them if they get free time this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment