Tuesday, May 19, 2009

One down one to go

We had Colm's wake tonight. Some people thought it was weird, but I am so happy we did it. There were a lot of people there, many more than I thought would be. We really do have wonderful family and friends. My Uncle John spoke and said a blessing. Then he had my mom come up and talk about Colm's box, well really it was his coffin. It was beautiful, as much as a casket for a baby can be. We decorated it ourselves, even the funeral director and his assistant thought it was great. It was so good for me to work on it, to make something for my son.

When my om spoke there was not a dry eye in the place. I still find it amazing how many families have endured this pain. Many women tell me of their own losses, and sadly how they were treated. I am blessed to have my family and friends and to have given birth to Colm in the hospital in Trenton. The nurses were kind and respectful and gave us so much compassion. They provided us with memories that we can cherish, even in such difficult times.

No comments:

Post a Comment